I always look forward to the APS Office of Government Affairs’ monthly Signal Boost video. This month’s update was full of great stuff!
- 3,000 APS members wrote letters to congress drawing attention to the APS President’s COVID-19 response letter. They reached 270 House offices and 98 Senators! (It’s not too late for you to write congress too!)
- The CARES act includes $6 billion for student relief. Universities/colleges are responsible to dispersing the funds, so get in touch with your university.
- APS is working with industrial partners to arrange temporary employment opportunities for physicists. More information on the APS jobs page.
- The US State Department has confirmed to APS that student visas will be prioritized when nonimmigrant visa processing restarts.
- More updates on the work to save the National Helium Reserve.